Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Decorating with Spica & a Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Today I want to show you how to use your Spica Pens on top of your Copic Colouring to create a pattern or decoration.


In this little project, I have created a tea bag card.  I have used the La La Land Craft Image of  Tea Time Marci.

I coloured Marci using my Copic Markers.... but then..... I drew on top of my colouring with my Spica pens.

This is what has created the pattern on her dress, headband and shoes, as well as a swirled pattern on Marci's tea cup.



 This little tea bag is also a La La Land Craft Image.  It is part of the Tea Time Set.  I have used Paper Piecing to create the tea bag.  I have also created a little pouch to hold the tea bag.



Here is the tea bag card with the tea bag inside.

Drawing on top of an area that you have already coloured with Copic Markers is a lot of fun.  You can let your imagination run wild and create all sorts of different pattern and effects.

In the image below I have coloured with a Copic Marker (colour listed) and drawn on top of it with a Spica pen (colour listed).


Now, instead of simply colouring an area you can colour, pattern and decorate it....
All you need to do is add some Spica.

NOW FOR THE WINTER CHALLENGE

What's the Challenge?: Create a project (card, layout, off the page) with a winter theme!

Is there a Prize?: YES!!!  A Copic Merchandise Pack!!!

Who can play?: This challenge is open to EVERYONE, including international!

How do you enter?: Use the inlinkz below to connect to your blog or online gallery and upload it prior to 6pm Monday 1st October, Australian EST (4am USA EST)!!!

Happy Colouring
Mandi-Lee
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Mandi, had fun with this technique, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deadline 1st October? Is that right, we have two months?

    ReplyDelete